ECLF Conference 2010
6th Annual ECLF Conference
The Corporate Learning space is home to a multibillion dollar industry that includes business schools, training firms, management consultancies, e-learning solution providers, coaches, and more. It is a colorful universe that is hard to navigate.
At the same time, our practice itself is in strategic transformation. Advanced approaches to corporate learning reach way beyond the old core business of training and education and skill. In many companies, the learning function has become a critical element in optimizing business processes, implementing strategic change, fostering innovation, or driving cultural integration.
This changing role of learning has a massive impact on the dynamics among the key players of the value chain of our practice. They ask for a critical evaluation of the current business models of external partners, and for new models of creative collaboration. At the same time, we need to develop our competence in dealing with an ever more complex internal and external stakeholder universe.
Conference Topic Overview
Based on these premises, we will explore some key questions such as:
- How is the value chain of learning changing, and what are the driving forces of this change?
- What are current structural weaknesses and deficiencies in the relationship among the key players of the value chain (internal and external stakeholders)
- How can we develop novel relationships and collaborative practices that maximize value and help transform the corporate learning industry
- What can ECLF contribute to such a project?
As always, the three days are designed as a highly interactive and collaborative mix of top level expert input , case studies from our members, and peer-to-peer exchange. Some highlights:
- A Board member of EDF Group will share with us his perspective on EDF Group University and its Role for the Future Development of the Corporation.
- Rainer Strack Senior Partner with The Boston Consulting Group and the firm's global practice leader HR will discuss with us the Changing Role of Learning and Development in the Value Creation Process of Organizations.
- A Practitioner Panel, of members that represent different business models for L&D will present and discuss their distinctive approaches to the value chain management challenge.
- We will further enhance our discourse through 4-5 Topical Round Tables that allow for an in-depth investigation of specific cases and challenges from some of our member companies.
- And, also as always, we will have our peer-to-peer Focus on Members Issues session
Please click on the links below to find out more information about the summit:
Hosted by member companies, ECLF annual summits are the highlight of the year, bringing together ECLF members from more than a dozen of countries to engage in an intellectually and socially inspiring dialogue which is the hallmark of ECLF's culture.
Each conference is dedicated to exploring a strategic challenge of the practice.