Annual ECLF Conference 2013
9th Annual ECLF Conference
As the pace of disruptive change accelerates, and the shelf life of business models becomes shorter, the role of learning as an enabler of sustaining competitive success increases in importance. However, these challenges can only be marginally addressed through a traditional learning model that is rooted in formal classroom instruction.
Fueled by the opportunities of new collaborative technologies, many have realized that an impactful learning function needs to move from being a mere provider of services to creating and enabling a participatory learning culture, and embed this culture deeply in the everyday business practices of a company and its value chain. Developing this ambitious new role is not easy; it challenges established mindsets, processes, and role prescriptions, and it requires the development of new capabilities for corporate learning organizations.
Our 9th annual conference will take a closer look at this challenge. We will explore the future of learning as an integrated business practice that is capable to support organizations in dealing with the volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity (VUCA) we all face, and we will discuss strategic paths that could lead us there.
As always, the three days are designed as a highly interactive and collaborative mix of top level expert input , case studies from our members, and peer-to-peer exchange. Some highlights:
- Christian Finckh, CHRO of Allianz Group will discuss with us the Strategic Role of Learning and development within Allianz Group, and its contribution for the strategic and organizational development of the company.
- Jens Meyer, Managing Director of CEDEP, INSEAD's Executive Learning Center will provide insights how a premier provider of Executive Education the future of learning as a more embedded and holistic practice. As an expert on Blue Ocean Strategy, he will also discuss with us innovative strategies for value creation that are based on an enabling approach.
- A Panel of Business Leaders from GE, Allianz, and Infineon who are in charge of major transformational projects will explore the role and the potential impact of learning as a critical element of their mission.
- Our host and Allianz' CLO Andrew Clayton will take us through the evolution of the company's learning architecture and outline his perspective for the future: Learning as a key element in the HR value chain, and a credible instrument for helping to shape and execute strategy and strategic initiatives.
- Barbara Heitger, a thought and practice leader on creating agile and resilient organizations, will talk with us about design principles for a new business model of Corporate Learning.
- We will gather in smaller groups to to jointly map the issues and challenges we all face on the way to transforming the Learning Function, and to define milestones on the way to the new paradigm.
- Also, as always, we will have our popular peer-to-peer Focus on Members Issues session...
- ... and ample time for informal conversation, for instance with a Gala Dinner at the Lake Starnberg.
- After the conference participants will have the opportunity to visit the Allianz Dialogue Center that has developed an innovative approach to foster leadership skills.
Please click on the links below to find out more information about the summit:
Hosted by member companies, ECLF annual summits are the highlight of the year, bringing together ECLF members from more than a dozen of countries to engage in an intellectually and socially inspiring dialogue which is the hallmark of ECLF's culture.
Each conference is dedicated to exploring a strategic challenge of the practice.