- FOP meeting 2019
- Focus on Practice Meeting 2017
- Focus on Thought Leadership
- 8th FOP meeting
- Focus on Practice Meeting 2015
- Focus on Practice Meeting 2014
- Focus on Practice Meeting 2013
- Focus on Practice Meeting 2012
- Focus on Practice Meeting 2011
- Focus on Practice Meeting 2010
- Focus on Practice Meeting 2009
2020 ECLF Global Summit
2020 ECLF Global Summit
Like so many things, the Covid-19 crisis has also disrupted our annual ECLF summit routine, and we regret that we had to cancel the planned event at Lufthansa's fabulous event center in Seeheim, Germany (Thank you again, Claudia Rautenberg, for your kind offer to host us!)
Instead of converting the planned 2 1/2 days into a virtual format, we decided on a different approach. In consideration of the time zone differences as well as the exhaustion factor of a virtual setting that stretches over several days, we will meet for a virtual summit series over a period of two months. You will experience the same mix of keynotes, member panels, peer-to-peer exchange, small-group peer-coaching sessions, and plenary discussions that you know from our usual summit. But instead of full-day back-to-back sessions, they will happen in weekly installments of 1.5 - 2.5 hours each.
While we will all miss the atmosphere of a face-to-face meeting, with its inspiring social texture and its serendipitous encounters over coffee breaks and meals, the format we chose comes also with advantages. Spreading the event over nine weeks gives us the opportunity to respond in real-time to ideas and inputs that may come up during the series. Other than in a 2 ½ day event, you will
- receive just-in-time summaries and video recordings of each session so you can reflect and prepare for the next;
- have the opportunity to provide input for upcoming sessions (to be shared with speakers, panelists, and all participants);
- be able to connect on the emerging issues with fellow members on a cutting edge platform that is customized for our needs.
We hope you will make ample use of these possibilities.
Our summit will focus on the topic of Work Transformation - Organizational Transformation, which has become an even more burning issue through the disruption caused by the pandemic. To put this rich topic into context, we will look at it from various angles such as learning, talent, and organizational design. Some questions that come to mind are:
- What is the long-lasting impact of the pandemic on the way we work? What are the threats, what are the opportunities?
- What kind of leadership capabilities and organizational capabilities are required to deal with the new realities?
- What skills does the workforce need to cope successfully with the new realities? How can we leverage technology in that context?
- How to create social texture and foster cultural goals in an environment dominated by remote or hybrid work and collaboration? How to innovate and drive organizational change and transformation?
- How do the new realities impact the operating models of organizations? What does it mean for traditional linear-transactional processes? What for agile architectures?
- How can L&D / OD professionals help address these challenges? What is their role in this unavoidable transformation?
As always, we will approach these questions with our traditional mix of member-driven analytical deep-dive and peer-sharing of experiences and perspectives. Spreading 9 weeks, our sessions will feature global thought leaders such as Davos regulars Rainer Strack and Benjamin Pring, Silicon Valley veterans Kelley Steven-Waiss and Kelly Palmer, as well as our very own practice leaders from Allianz Group, Siemens, and ENI who will share cutting edge projects.
Of course, there will be also ample time for connecting and catching up, through our traditional peer-coaching session, member exchange formats, and more.
CONTACTFor all questions related to the event please contact email@example.com.
Please note that this event is restricted to ECLF members and invited guests. If you are not a member and would like to receive an invitation please contact us.
Guest Policy: Please note that ECLF is a vendor-free community of practitioners only, and that we admit guests in a limited number at our discretion. We charge guests a nominal attendance fee which will be fully credited in case they decide to join ECLF after the event. Guests from member companies receive a 50% discount on that fee.
To register, please visit our dedicated event page at eventbrite.com and complete the registration process by getting a "ticket" for the event. You can only book the entire summit series.
The costs for attending this event are:
- ECLF members: FREE
- guests from member companies (if not included in membership): $450
- guests from non-member companies: $900
Your ticket (registration) is valid for all 9 sessions of the summit. It includes all material that is provided and produced during the event, such as pre-readings, minutes, video recordings, or session summaries.
Hosted by member companies, ECLF annual summits are the highlight of the year, bringing together ECLF members from more than a dozen of countries to engage in an intellectually and socially inspiring dialogue which is the hallmark of ECLF's culture.
Each conference is dedicated to exploring a strategic challenge of the practice.