Annual ECLF conference 2016
3rd Global ECLF Summit
Over the last five years, the transformational dynamics of digitalization have significantly increased. There is virtually no industry that remains untouched by the disruptive change that come with the digital ballgame, and dealing with “digital transformation” ranks on top of the agenda of most of our member companies today.
Digital transformation is a complex topic. It relates not only to the well explored domains of social media, big data, and the new paradigm of marketing communications. What is at stake is the fundamental question how winning firms will compete in the future, and the organizational capabilities that are required to succeed. As the foundations of 20th century business paradigms continue to erode, corporate reinvention is not optional anymore; it has become a necessity for survival.
With our traditional mix of member-driven analytical deep-dive and peer-sharing of experiences, the 3rd ECLF Global Summit – our 12th annual Conference - will provide the opportunity to dig deeper into these issues, looking at questions like business model innovation, the transformational challenges that come with the digital disruption, and the related new (and old) leadership capabilities that are required to cope with all this.
Conference Topic Overview
Our 3rd Global ECLF summit will take a closer look at this conundrum. To narrow the discourse, we will focus less on the technical aspects of digital transformation but rather on its impact on leadership, strategy, and organization. Questions that come to mind are:
- What are the strategic challenges organizations face in light of the dynamics of pervasive digitalization? What are the threats and opportunities that come with the new rules of the game?
- What mindset and skill set do business leaders need to capitalize on the opportunities that come with digital disruption? What organizational capabilities must companies develop in this respect?
- How can organizations best navigate the treacherous journey towards new business models, revenue models and operating models?
- How can this journey be designed as a strategic and organizational learning experience? What are design principles and interventions that can support the process? What are the implications for the role of L&D?
- What role can social technologies play to drive and support digital transformation?
As always, the three days of our summit are designed as a highly interactive and collaborative mix of top level expert input, case studies from our members, and peer-to-peer exchange. Some highlights:
- Tim Steigert, Head of Digital Innovation and Strategy GE Europe, will help frame the complex topic of the summit.
- We will take an in-depth look on Bertelsmann’s business portfolio transformation, with special emphasis on the successful turnaround of the Music Business and the emerging new digital education business group. Partners in conversation will be Immanuel Hermreck (CHRO), Kay Krafft (CEO Education Group) and Steven Moran (EVP and Head Bertelsmann University, formerly COO Bertelsmann Music Group)
- Members from AXA, Cisco, Otto Group, and German Rail, who all are engaged in digital transformation efforts, will share their experience on a panel, relating it to insights from Bertelsmann.
- Together with Philipp Gerbert, Managing Partner at BCG who leads the firm's global initiative in digital strategy we will explore how to design successful transformation initiatives by addressing current opportunities while preparing for more fundamental medium- to long-term moves.
- A conversation with Philipp Hermann, CEO of etventure, will provide insights into enablers and barriers of digital transformation projects and explore the productive friction between the universe of start-ups and large corporate players.
- In our traditional workshop mode, we will also gather in smaller groups to dig deeper into various dimensions of the Digital Transformation Challenge, such as threats and opportunities, leadership mindsets, organizational capability shifts, stakeholder dynamics, and more.
- Also, as always, we will have our popular peer-to-peer Focus on Members Issues session...
- ... and ample time for informal conversation and catching-up, for instance during a Rooftop Dinner and an evening River Cruise through Berlin.
Arcotel John F Berlin
Werderscher Markt 11
10117 Berlin | Germany
Please make your hotel reservation via email@example.com at the special rate of €156 including breakfast. To receive an ECLF room, bookings must be done through Petra - they cannot be done through direct booking.
Hotel reservation deadline: May 6, 2016
To register please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed instructions.
Please note that attendance is restricted to ECLF members and invited guests.
For questions regarding the program as well as invitation requests please contact email@example.com. For questions regarding logistics please contact Petra Runschke at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACTFor questions regarding the program as well as invitation requests please contact email@example.com. For questions regarding logistics please contact Petra Runschke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the links below to find out more information about the summit:
Hosted by member companies, ECLF annual summits are the highlight of the year, bringing together ECLF members from more than a dozen of countries to engage in an intellectually and socially inspiring dialogue which is the hallmark of ECLF's culture.
Each conference is dedicated to exploring a strategic challenge of the practice.